Cell Proliferation Kit, 1000 tests
The cell proliferation kit (XTT) is widely used in cell biology for the study of growth factors, cytokines and media components, for the screening of cytotoxic agents and for lymphocyte activation....
Cell Culture Reagents
The cell proliferation kit (XTT) is widely used in cell biology for the study of growth factors, cytokines and media components, for the screening of cytotoxic agents and for lymphocyte activation.
The need for a reliable, sensitive and quantitative assay that would enable analysis of a large number of samples led to the development of methods, such as:
- use of radioactive thymidine to label DNA in live cells
- use of Brdu to label DNA in live cells (as a substitute for radioactive thymidine)
The advantages of using MD Bioproducts Cell Proliferation Kit (XTT) can be summarized with the following attributes:
- easy-to-use: there is no requirement for additional reagents and/or the cell washing procedures
- speed: multiwell plates and an ELISA reader can be used for reading
- sensitivity: can be assayed even in low cell concentrations
- accuracy: dye absorbance is proportional to the number of cells in each well
- safety: there is no need for radioactive isotopes
Alsaid, S. A., DM, A. M., Atwa, M. H., & Soliman, S. M. (2020). Evaluation of the cellular and humoral immune response of sheep vaccinated with inactivated Rift Valley Fever Vaccine Adjuvanted with Montanide gel 01TM. Journal of Applied Veterinary Sciences, 5(1).
Nagafuku, M., Okuyama, K., Onimaru, Y., Suzuki, A., Odagiri, Y., Yamashita, T. & Inokuchi, J. I. (2012). CD4 and CD8 T cells require different membrane gangliosides for activation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(6), E336-E342.
Product Insert (PDF) - Informational use only. Please refer to insert included with product.