Human Collagen Type III, Lyophilized 0.1 mg
Human Collagen Type III protein purified from human placenta. Type III collagen is a fibrillar collagen, and it consists of only one collagen α chain, in contrast to most other collagens....
Human Collagen Type III protein purified from human placenta.
Type III collagen is a fibrillar collagen, and it consists of only one collagen α chain, in contrast to most other collagens. It is a homotrimer containing three α1(III) chains supercoiled around each other in a right-handed triple helix. Type III collagen is secreted by fibroblasts and other mesenchymal cell types, thus making it a major player in various inflammation-associated pathologies such as lung injury, viral and nonviral liver diseases, kidney fibrosis, hernia, and vascular disorders. Type III collagen together with type I collagen are the main constituents of the interstitial matrix.
- Reconstitution: Use 0.5 M acetic acid, pH 2.5
- Purification: Partial pepsin digestion in acidic conditions and differential salt precipitation.
- Source: human placenta
- Form: lyophilized, 0.1 mg/vial
- Purity: Human Collagen Type II 90%
- Storage: Collagen dissolved in acetic acid is stable at 4 °C for 1 month. Lyophilized collagen long term storage (2 years) at -20°C or lower.
Additional products you might interested in.