Collagen Type I (Atelocollagen), Mouse, 1 mg
Purified Mouse Collagen Type I (Atelocollagen) from mouse tail tendon. Type I collagen is the most abundant collagen and is found in connective tissues including tendon, ligament, dermis and blood vessel....
Purified Mouse Collagen Type I (Atelocollagen) from mouse tail tendon.
Type I collagen is the most abundant collagen and is found in connective tissues including tendon, ligament, dermis and blood vessel. It is the major component and the primary determinant of tensile strength of the extracelluar matrix (ECM). It is widely used as a thin layer on tissue-culture surfaces to enhance the attachment and proliferation of a variety of cells including endothelial cells, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, epithelial cells etc. In addition, collagen I can self-assemble into a 3-D superamolecular gel in vitro, making it an ideal biological scaffold to promote more in vivo-like cellular morphology and function.
- osteogenesis imperfecta
Product Insert (PDF) - Informational use only. Please refer to insert included with product.
- Description: Purified Mouse Collagen Type I (Atelocollagen) from mouse tail tendon
- Form: Lyophilized, salt free, 1 mg/ vial
- Sterility: Passed sterility test for bacteria and fungi
- Source: Mouse tail tendons
- Purity: Mouse collagen type I > 90% / Mouse collagen type III < 10%
- Purification: Collagen was extracted from washed dissected tissue into diluted acetic acid after mild pepsin treatment. Collagen type I was purified by using differential salt precipitation.
- Reconstitution: Dissolve in 20 mM acetic acid. Suspension should be shaken or stirred for several hours or overnight between 2-8 °C. Material is dissolved when it appears homogeneous, with no schlieren pattern (light refraction due to differing protein concentrations in the suspensions). Recommended concentration 1-5 mg/mL.
- Storage: Collagen dissolved in acetic acid is stable at 4 °C for 1 month. Lyophilized collagen long term storage at -20 °C or lower.
- Applications: Cell culture (coating or 3D gel)
Additional products you might interested in.